TROPIC SKINCARE IS DONATING ONE MILLION DAYS OF EDUCATION
January 14, 2020
United World Schools
Our partnership with Tropic, an ethical skincare brand, has sustainability at its heart.
Tropic has an Infinite Purpose to help create a healthier, greener, more empowered world, and be a force for good beyond beauty. Since September 2019, we have been working together to empower children to reach their full potential through education.
Every Tropic purchase, no matter how big or small, funds education for children living in some of the world’s poorest, most remote communities. For every collective £50 spent on Tropic products, the brand will donate a whole school day in either Cambodia, Nepal or Myanmar. These donations will specifically fund everything students need to learn, including:
- Safe school buildings, with plenty of room for every child who wants to attend
- Teachers who have been trained to deliver a high-quality education
- Classroom essentials, such as desks, chairs and whiteboards
- School libraries bursting with books, to encourage a love of literacy
- Clean water, bathrooms and health lessons to ensure our students are fit and healthy to learn
By supporting children to enrol and stay in school, Tropic are contributing to the sustainability of our work and empowering our students to succeed. Tropic’s goal is to provide over a million days of education by the end of 2020 – the equivalent to educating 5,000 children for a year! They have already funded over 400,000 days of education, transforming the lives of hundreds of children.
“I was fortunate enough to have access to a good education in the UK, which has shaped my life in many ways.”
– Susie Ma, Tropic founder and CEO
“Around the world, 62 million children don’t have access to an education, so partnering with United World Schools was the perfect fit. Now every time our customers treat themselves to our products, they know they’re supporting children all over the world and helping to shape their futures too.”